Laser engraving...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
Does your iPod have laser engraving???

post it.... :rolleyes:

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
pretty funny.....

when i get mine it would say:

WARNING!!! This iPod
contains stolen music!

M

Matt

The only thing is...

The only thing about laser ingraving is that it would decrease the resale price of your iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Matt said:
The only thing about laser ingraving is that it would decrease the resale price of your iPod.

Totally agree. But that is only if u do intend to sell it off at a later time in ur life. If I would get an iPod, I wouldn't sell it off, most probably just keep it.

T

TylerMoney

Mines never getting sold. Apple stuff seems to go down in history. If you have an old PC, it's like, "wow, you've got an old pc." but if you've got an old mac/apple it is like, "holy crap that's cool." Just think, having a powerbook the aluminium or titanium powerbooks in 10-20 yrs. ...way more memorable than an old acer/ibm/toshiba/etc.

So I intend to keep every iPod and mac I ever buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think I will keep every Apple item I can find, I am looking for old Macs that still run just for fun... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB
do you think they allow ANYTHING?
how about swear words? heh

S

Steel02001

I tried, there are words that aren't allowed

And Mine just has my name in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Mine reads:

water, every where, nor
any drop to drink

which is a line from Taylor Coleridge's "The Ryme of the Ancient Mariner".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Like many others here, I did not have mine engraved in the event I wanted to sell it.

As for collecting old Apple equipment: it's cool if you have the space and the time to mess with them, but I much prefer the simpler life of my iBook, 2 iPods, and a Windows box to be my fileserver.

For what it's worth, my gf had a garage-full of Mac II-and-up equipment before she moved here, mostly collected by her ex. There was a Goodwill store near Seattle that had a lot of really cool stuff a few months ago...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
TylerMoney said:
does my iPod have a laser engraving...oh yeah it does

Hey, TylerMoney, do me favor and put your pants back on. TIA. ;)

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
TylerMoney said:
Mines never getting sold. Apple stuff seems to go down in history. If you have an old PC, it's like, "wow, you've got an old pc." but if you've got an old mac/apple it is like, "holy crap that's cool." Just think, having a powerbook the aluminium or titanium powerbooks in 10-20 yrs. ...way more memorable than an old acer/ibm/toshiba/etc.

So I intend to keep every iPod and mac I ever buy.
Very true i just recently chucked out my old Quadra and it was really hard to let go of.

I

iMe

Mines engraved........It just has my name on it. I dont plan on selling it,but
maybe in 2-4 years from now I'll let my little sister have it. Right now she has my old Rio Cali mp3 player. That thing sucked!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.