Lag on my iphone videos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
So I'm using a program called video converter to make .avi files into mpg4 files so I can add them to iTunes and watch them on my iPhone. I keep running into the same problem though. Every time I convert a video to the new mpg4 format, there is anywhere from a 1-4 second delay between the audio and video (video comes first and the audio is delayed). Does anyone know what I could do on my macbook pro to fix this problem and make them sync up better. It's really annoying to see the lips move and hear the words four seconds later.

Thanks.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there a free mac software program that can be used to sync up the video and audio in a movie file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Not that I know of, and anyway, if there was, you would have to re-render the movie again.

I would try iSquint (google it) which is free and fast and pops out ipod friendly movies.

I haven't used iMovie to re-sync sound as I use FCP, might be worth a try?

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Not that I know of, and anyway, if there was, you would have to re-render the movie again.

I would try iSquint (google it) which is free and fast and pops out ipod friendly movies.

I haven't used iMovie to re-sync sound as I use FCP, might be worth a try?

Mel

I highly recommend iSquint. Great program; works flawlessly.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you. I tried iSquint and the very first movie had video and audio synced perfectly. Thanks for the help and replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.