Keychain

G

George Ochoa

Hey guys. I have a problem with the KEYCHAIN. My ibook was recently stolen and I recovered a total novel check the post "stolen ibook". Now im having problems with the keychain. I know it should be the same u use for ur username but i put the password in and it says "INCORRECT PASSWORD" i tried changing the username password so it will change the keychain password automatically but still doesnt work, i have tried all the pisble password but they dont work. That crap keeps asking me for the keychain password everytime i try to go to a website or log in to msn messenger.

ANY SOLUTIONS ?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
Since I have not used it, can you turn it off?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
After looking at it, I don't see how to turn if off. You can try deleting the com.apple.keychainaccess.plist file. which is located: OS X -> Users -> user-name -> Library -> Preferences. By removing that file, I believe it will reset things, to a clean slate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Do you have the master password in System preferences> Security?