Keyboard Shortcuts when using both Mac & Windows.

Reaction score
I recently started using a macbook, and I still use a PC a lot. I don't have any experience with Apple products. Going back and forth between the different keyboard shortcuts is shockingly difficult. I've accidentally opened Cortana more time than I thought possible (windows key + c). I use a keyboard with a windows layout on my Macbook most of the time.

Is there anything that I can do to make the macbook shortcuts the same feel as windows? I use far more windows computers than I do mac, so I would rather change the mac. Possibly an ignorant question, but I've been looking for a solution to that for a while. I had to ask. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 Mac Pro 3,1 (2 x 2.8GHz Quad-core Xeon) / 16GB RAM / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT / El Capitan 10.11.6
If you're using a Windows keyboard on your macbook, you may find this article instructive (although it is written from the opposite POV: i.e. of a Mac habitue who wants the Win KB to work like a mac one):

I've used both systems for years, and TBH I've found that it's a lot easier to re-train your brain than it is to force one OS to replicate the keyboard commands of another. When I'm using a Windows machine and keyboard, I use Windows shortcuts; on my Mac, I automatically think in Mac. It's like owning two different cars with slightly different control layouts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.