keyboard on macbook pro

dlf

Reaction score
I've been hanging on to my late-2007 MBP because I greatly prefer its keyboard to later ones and also matte screen over glossy. It's on its last legs but I wonder has anyone heard any rumours about 2015 updates? I'm holding off replacing it in the hope that next year's version of the MBP will magically answer my preferences....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you've been following Apple's release of new models - specifically the MacBook Pro, you'll see all the new models are retina displays. So if that's what you had in mind, you'll probably see a refresh sometime in 2015.

C

chas_m

If you're under the impression that Apple is going to change keyboards anytime soon, forget it. The entire PC industry switched to chiclet keys after Apple adopted them, and there is zero sign of any change coming. Buy a third-party keyboard you prefer if you don't like the chiclet keys. Personally, I turn out a few thousand words a day on them (yes, a day) and have no issue. They've been, by far, the most reliable keyset I've ever used.

OP
D

dlf

Reaction score
Thanks for those responses. I've bitten the bullet, waiting for rMBP to be delivered. I'm sure I'll adapt to the keyboard. Still a a bit nervous about glossy screen.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think you're being "nervous" over nothing. The retina screens are not high glossy as some of the older screens that you may be used to. Apple has cut down the gloss considerably on all its displays. The retina stands out because of its high resolution and rendition of color. I use the latest 27" iMac in my home office and I have old eyes. If this screen was high gloss, I couldn't last more than an hour at a time sitting in front of it. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.