Kensingtonworks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac Mini
I just upgraded to the latest Kensingtonworks on my 2018 Mac Mini, which I just updated to the latest OS version last night. I upgraded Kensingtonworks, and now, although I've assigned the most critical key I use on the trackball (Expert Mouse, wired) through Kensingtonworks, saved it, assigned it to all Applications, it doesn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed it. Still. This is the button I use the most and it is critical to me. That's what I get for updating to the latest thing. Any ideas on what I can do? I did a Tech Support email but I have more faith in this board than I do of any company's tech support!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We are assuming the latest update you performed was to Catalina 10.15.7. What version of macOS were you using before?

I tried to search the Kensington site for solutions and the latest drivers but their site besides being confusing does not offer any assistance at all.

It would appear that the latest version of their trackball software is not completely compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 which we assume you're using. Hopefully their tech support will get back to you with a solution.

It could be that (this is just a guess) some of the Kensingtonworks software is 32 bit and does not work with Catalina. I'm afraid that any fix for that has to come from them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any ideas on what I can do? I did a Tech Support email but I have more faith in this board than I do of any company's tech support!

Wow!!! I didn't realize that they were still in business... :confused:

Did you get the correct version for your Mac OS version they seem to have at their support site???:
Mac Compatibility*
macOS 10.15 Catalina
macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
macOS 10.12 Sierra
macOS 10.11 El Capitan

- Patrick
=======

OP
Reukeboom
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 Mac Mini
Well, I'm glad to have some tough truth to having no answers, so thanks! I keep my computer updated with the latest operating system, so I would say I had the very latest update before the most recent one. What a dummy I am for just upgrading for no reason, things were working fine, I should have left it alone.

We are assuming the latest update you performed was to Catalina 10.15.7. What version of macOS were you using before?

I tried to search the Kensington site for solutions and the latest drivers but their site besides being confusing does not offer any assistance at all.

It would appear that the latest version of their trackball software is not completely compatible with Catalina 10.15.7 which we assume you're using. Hopefully their tech support will get back to you with a solution.

It could be that (this is just a guess) some of the Kensingtonworks software is 32 bit and does not work with Catalina. I'm afraid that any fix for that has to come from them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.