Kali Linux MacBook pro (no wireless card)

Reaction score
sorry if this is not the right place for my post,
here goes...

I have successfully managed to install and dual boot Kali-Linux-2.0 with my MacBook Pro with retina. Now as many others, I have a wireless problem. I have already read the many posts/threads and extras related with the very common problem of no wireless card found but it's confusing me even more.
Basically, I want to connect to a wireless and can not use a usb wireless as I am using the usb on boot. My card type is: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x133) and my firmware: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.94.136.1a1).
I am a noob, so could somebody please pinpoint me to the right direction?

Sorry, that I have asked the very common question, but I am really stuck.
Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved here to the correct forum. Not a lounge subject.

Not sure I understand your problem. I assume you're referring to no wireless when you boot to Kali Linux and that wireless is working OK from OS X? If that's so, you probably would be better off asking this in a Kali Linux forum and not here. It is possible that someone may know here but your chances of an answer in a Linux forum are better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.