• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

just ordered my first mac

A

andrewjc

i just ordered a 12" ibook from apple.com with a 512mb memory upgrade, i have a few questions about it.

1.) i noticed macs are a bit more pricey than other laptops, why is this?

2.) will my ibook with 512mb ram run warcraft 3 okay ?

3.) will it take a long time to get use to a new OS ?

J

Jefe3223

1)I'm not sure...good quality?
2) should run fine, but you can always add more ram if it doesn't (though it works on mine)
3) no, i like it better.

A

andrewjc

1 more question, i have alot of pictures i need to save and a few movies (.avi format ) if i burn them to a CD using windows will the mac read the CD ?

J

Jefe3223

I can't honestly answer that. I know there was a thread on that somewhere...If I find it, i'll let you know.

Z

zap2

1 macs are far better then pc but cost a little $$$ for it

2 im not real a gamer on mac but i would think it would be fine because my bro has a iamc g4 1.25 ghz 256 ram and it is a does what it needs to. Or get more ram which is what i plan to do for a imac g5 whcih now has 1 gig trying to go to 2 gigs.

3 OS is great but it does take time to learn after using windows if that is what you used, it is like learning a 2nd lanuege hard but worth it. ANd this languege is much better then windows

4 ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
4: yes it should , ive done it a few times , works just fine .. some avi's may not play but you can get a plug in or a codec and it'll play just fine .

A

andrewjc

Ghostshadow said:
4: yes it should , ive done it a few times , works just fine .. some avi's may not play but you can get a plug in or a codec and it'll play just fine .
phew thanks, ahh i hate waiting, why didn't i go to the apple store abnd buy it lol stupid shippnig :/

Z

zap2

the only dwonside to the apple store is not being able to add bigger harddrives or ,superdrives,or BLuetooth,etc

M

mangoSharingan

Warcraft III works perfectly fine (1024x768 resolution, high detail etc...) on my iBook with the same specs as yours.