Just got a macbook

Reaction score
I just got a black macbook a few hours ago and I have to say, this is THE best computer I've ever used! I went through a couple of laptops (toshiba U205 and HP TX1120) and returned them both so I could get a macbook. I'm very impressed with the experience so far, OSX is an awesome operating system! I come from a computer engineering background, and I can truly say I've found a true work of art in the macbook.

Now I just need to install Vista so I can do software dev. on here.

And a question for you mac users, what do you use for an office suite? Office 2004? Open Office? Also, does 2GB RAM increase performance significantly? I have 1GB currently, and it seems very responsive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i like microsoft office.....and as long as your not goin to be using photoshop or final cut studio, 1gb should be fine for a while ;)

Reaction score
``...I have to say, this is THE best computer I've ever used!
Well what took you so long?
doh2.gif

You have some bad habits.

And a question for you mac users, what do you use for an office suite? Office 2004?
I use Office 2004 in spite of my better judgement. I guess it's "OK"...

Anyway, congratulations on coming over from the Dark Side.
cheers2.gif

OP
A
Reaction score
question

Another question,

How do you use the 3d desktop features in OSX? Sorting through open windows and stuff, getting thumbnails of all open windows to show up on the desktop etc.

Reaction score
press F9 for a view of all windows
F11 to show desktop
F10 to show all windows open in that particular app you are viewing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
i like microsoft office.....and as long as your not goin to be using photoshop or final cut studio, 1gb should be fine for a while ;)

I have 1GB on my MacBook and I run Photoshop CS3 with Safari, and it doesn't slow down. I don't think you'll need more than 1GB unless you're running Aperture with Photoshop and Safari, along with a whole set of memory eating programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I just got a black macbook a few hours ago and I have to say, this is THE best computer I've ever used! I went through a couple of laptops (toshiba U205 and HP TX1120) and returned them both so I could get a macbook. I'm very impressed with the experience so far, OSX is an awesome operating system! I come from a computer engineering background, and I can truly say I've found a true work of art in the macbook.

And a question for you mac users, what do you use for an office suite? Office 2004? Open Office? Also, does 2GB RAM increase performance significantly? I have 1GB currently, and it seems very responsive.

Congrats on getting your new MacBook! You should've done it much earlier. I wish I did.

Anyway, I have MS Office 2004, NeoOffice, and iWork '06 installed. I mainly use MS Office (yes I know, mock me), and I was informed that OpenOffice(which is the base of NeoOffice) is included in our computer subject curriculum next year. I only bought iWork because I liked Keynote, and I might need Pages for making newsletters.

2GB RAM increases performance a lot, especially if you run batches of memory eating applications at the same time. But unless you don't, you might not need extra RAM. What do you do with your computer anyway?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.