iwork: just for one computer?

Reaction score
I just bought iwork and loaded it onto my Macbook. A few minutes ago, I saw that they have a version Mac OSX that you can download to up to 5 computers (called the family pack, I think). So I was wondering, is iwork just for one computer, or can I download it to my other mac computers?

Reaction score
if you don't want to pay any extra money, and you do't need the features iWork offers (I've yet to see the need to use it, so I don't know what they may be) might I recommend Neo-Office? Free for an unlimited number of computers.

Reaction score
I just bought iwork and loaded it onto my Macbook. A few minutes ago, I saw that they have a version Mac OSX that you can download to up to 5 computers (called the family pack, I think). So I was wondering, is iwork just for one computer, or can I download it to my other mac computers?

iWorks, like almost every piece of software is licensed for one computer at a time, legally speaking. Unless the license specifically allows more than one, which few do. It's not that they can't be loaded on a hundred computers, it is that it isn't legal to do so.

iWorks is a fine piece of software if your looking to do desktop publishing type of things, however, it leaves something to be desired if you are just doing word processing. Like the other fellow said, NeoOffice or Open Office cover the word processing, data base, spreadsheet, and presentation areas pretty good and they are FREE and can be installed on as many computers as you would want and on just about any operating systems too and are fairly compatable with most formats.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.