iTunes Quitting on me

Reaction score
HI,

I am having problems with my iTunes encountering problems during imports and automatically quitting.

I have iTunes 7 on my iMac although originally it was an academic/student version of some sort. I downloaded iTunes 07 from web.

I put audio disc (from Bali) that plays on my CD player into computer and set it up to import all songs. Mac will get through about half the songs and then quit. When I go back into it and try to import the remaining songs nothing happens the it freezes. Can anyone help?
Ibu Liz

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Problems with a single disk??
Try cleaning the disk, whether it looks like it or not. This works for some DVD's I try to back up. I just use a paper towel, minimal water and wash from the center of the disk towards the outside edge - across the disk - not in a circular motion around the disk.

Some disks are just not pressed very good and may be playable, but when you try to use programs that re-encode the data into a new format, it just will not work. Also, some programs (and some drives) are better able to read this "bad" data than others. Not sure what these might be for OS X. Maybe others can recommend another program for ripping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.