iTunes missing artist when syncing?!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a bit of a strange problem with iTunes and my iPhone. When I go to sync my music, every artist in my library shows up except one!? I really can't work out why. At least three quarters of my music is ripped from CDs, the rest is downloaded. This particular artist (50cent) is a ripped CD and just doesn't show up. I rip all my CDs in iTunes.
Luckily it's not an artist I listen to very often, but annoying none the less.

Any ideas? :Smirk:

EDIT: Here is a screen shot. 50cent should be there along with the other artists.
here

..and just to prove it's there in the library here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Check under various artists. Some times is very picky about albums that have duets etc. On them. Go into info on the cd and make sure he is the only artist listed.

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Was the music bought through itunes or ripped? I've had to go back and clean up all the metadata on everything I've ripped to get it to sync properly (i.e. If 3 CDs are called 'Greatest Hits', the Album view will combine them all into one list on my iphone. I therefore have to name each album something slightly different [like adding the name of the band to the album title]. Some artist name fields needed to be corrected as well [Led Zeppelin in my library is still reported to Genius as Dread Zeppelin for some reason and I can't figure out how to fix that one]).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.