itunes copyright on slideshow music

Reaction score
hi all
had my iMac a week now, bought it for photography purposes.
ive made a slideshow on iPhoto and attached a track from iTunes and tried to upload the slideshow onto Facebook....it keeps getting withdrawn because of copyright laws on the song. looked it up on youtube and advised iTunes plus....couldnt find this option in iTunes. slideshows are no good to me without music of my choice. is there a way around this?

thanks
bal:(:Angry-Tongue::Shouting:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There is no way around copyright. Unless you get written permission from a copyright holder to use their music in your slideshow which is to be posted on Facebook, the moderators of Facebook have no choice but to remove it.

There is plenty of copyright free music available to the public which can be found on the net by doing a search. I have downloaded many nice songs and music from copyright free web sites. These sites post music by new artists who are more interested in becoming popular than copyright.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Vimeo doesn't seem to be as strict on copyright as Facebook and Youtube. I upload any videos with music on to Vimeo, and then post the link on Facebook.

M

MacInWin

And be ready for Vimeo to react to lawsuits by taking down your video. Sooner or later...

C

chas_m

I think the actual problem here isn't anything at all to do with copyrights, and everything to do with outdated, low-bitrate, DRM'd music that iTunes used to sell years ago. The OP needs to upgrade to the higher-bitrate, DRM-free music iTunes sells now. There are two ways to do this.

1. (the brave way) Delete your lower-bitrate (128kbps) songs that were purchased from iTunes from your iTunes library. Then re-download them from the iTunes Store. The "new" copies will be 256kbps AAC.

2. Sign up for iTunes Match ($25). Have it match all your music in your library. Then delete all the music that is not at least 256kbit (doesn't matter if you bought it from iTunes or not). Now re-download those songs from iTunes Match. Voila, DRM-free 256kbps copies of all the songs (and the artist even got paid from your $25! How cool is that?!).

This might well solve the slideshow issue. It might not. Either way, you'll have higher-quality music than you did, and a better chance of it working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.