iTunes backups aren't showing up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.2 ghz 21" iMac Mid-2010 with Windows 7, iphone 7, ipad air 3rd gen.
I just updated iTunes on Windows and now iTunes isn't seeing the local backups. Under device backups nothing is showing up. I have them stored on a shared partition and access it using a junction. I thought that maybe iTunes deleted the junction but it is still there. It worked before the update and I was even able to backup my devices. Also I'm not sure if this is related but the preferences window is really slow to open.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I know this isn't very helpful but this is, as you can see a Mac Forum. I realise you are using iTunes but on a Windows PC. With respect you may get more support on a Windows Forum. I personally I don’t even know what a “Junction” is.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
townsbg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A junction is a hard link for a folder. I can follow the path and see the files but iTunes can't see them. However it was able to before the update. Like I said I was able to backup my devices using itunes before the itunes update using the same configuration. This is some kind of iTunes problem and I don't think that a Windows forum will be able to help.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Am I right in assuming you are running Windows on a Mac? Are you still using the one listed in your profile 3.2Ghz 21" iMac 2010 with Windows 7 ?
I ask because thats getting pretty old now and I'm not surprised that a current update of iTunes may have some differences in how it stores files.

Have you tried doing a backup of your device now to see if it is visible and where it gets stored?

OP
townsbg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. I just tried putting one of the backups in the AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\backup folder and it still can't see the backup. I googled this yesterday and from what I read they haven't changed the path. I am running Windows 7. Tomorrow I'll try the other system and see if it can see the backups. I think that something went wrong with this install. Maybe I'll try uninstalling it and reinstalling it tomorrow as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.