iTunes alternatives .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I was just wondering if any one had any suggestions for itunes alternatives , something like winamp or something , ive tried Whamb and it dident want to work , i kept getting erros it was wierd and it wasent stable at all , ive also tried cabrio but it was so small on my ibook screen i dident care for it any ways , some of the skins werent that great and it had limited functions ..

the reason for asking is some times i feel like using something small and not as bulky like itunes , i know i could use the it in mini mode , but i dont like all of my music being in the library , any ways , any suggestions ? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you dont like everything being in the library??? you can create playlists and the sort....i think i have like 35 playlists

i cant remember the name of the program but there is a play next and previous button in your top menu bar by your clock. this works quite well but it costs a few bucks

-chris

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah i know , i just get tired of itunes all the time , some times i just want something small and fast , some times itunes just seems to bulky , and i only use it when listing to my ipod , but sense the last apple update messed my ipod up i dont really want or need to use itunes until the ipod is fixed , so i want to listen to tunes via external hd or something , and i dont want it on my hard drive , if that makes sense

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
iTunes version 4.0, or 3.0, or 2.0, or 1.0 are the best alternatives to itunes 4.7.1

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha yeah thats true

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
There are quite a few to try here and here. I haven't tried any of them so I can't say which ones to pick, but I'd imagine you're sure to find one that you like.

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
xAudic works great , and it uses winamp skins , the only thing is when you download it , you have rename it to .DMG because for some odd reason they nammed it .DMG.BIN :p , and stuff it gets errors , so take the .BIN out and your good to go .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.