• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

'It's almost here:' Apple announces 'iPhone 5' event for Sept. 12

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't have to unlock an iPhone to use it on Tmobile, because the ACTUAL iPhone comes unlocked to begin with.

That's true but why anyone would want to use an expensive iPhone on T-Mobile is beyond me since it's only compatible with their very slow EDGE network. T-Mobile is the only US carrier that insists on using different frequencies for 3G and 4G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Sounds good TattooedMac. Look forward to it.

Nice to hear from a fellow Aussie. I was feeling a bit outnumbered. Wonder if there any
more of us? Maybe another Sand Groper, or a Banana Bender, even a Crow Eater?

There are a few of us here, but many are part timers. harryb is the only other 'real' contributor here and posts everyday that i have seen and he is a cockroach like you :) Dont know of another Sandgroper.
Recently lived in Sydney, Canberra and Newwie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I was only taking about the phones that were locked obviously. You can buy an iPhone that is already unlocked.

Yeah, I know, but sometime the compulsive side of me gets out.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
LOVE your signature iggibar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I believe he is referring to iigibar's Signature that reads

.45 ACP
Because shooting twice is just silly

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP macOS Big Sur....iPad Air 2 64gB....iPhone 8+
That is correct TM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz i7 16GB RAM 250G SSD OS X Mountain Lion, iMac mid 2011, iPhone 3G
I believe he is referring to iigibar's Signature that reads

.45 ACP
Because shooting twice is just silly

hahaha. sorry guys for asking this silly question. What does "0.45 ACP
Because shooting twice is just silly" mean? Is 0.45 ACP a type of GUN?

Reaction score
hahaha. sorry guys for asking this silly question. What does "0.45 ACP
Because shooting twice is just silly" mean? Is 0.45 ACP a type of GUN?

Yup, it is. Automatic Colt Pistol.

————————

You guys, tomorrow is the 12th. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2010 2.4GHz 2GB 10.8.1 iPhone 3GS
More than that, it's a very big automatic pistol - and it belongs to a guy who admits to being compulsive. Well, over here in Aussie I am out of range of igibar's colt, if not his comments.
Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
What time will it start? Is it going to be streamed live somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
What time will it start? Is it going to be streamed live somewhere?

event starts 10am PST, Ustream tv is suppose to stream it live, there is a free ustream app in the app store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks :) Will there be a link to the event on ustream? If so, how do I find it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
So that would be about 18:00 UK Time I think.

Unless they are a double-bluff, there have been so many leaks this time it is hard to get at all excited about it anyway.

We miss you Steve - the new guy is just not the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It is NEVER officially streamed live. If it is, it will be done by rogue audience members sneaking the stream, trying to not get caught. I really wish Apple would just change their policy and do live streaming. It's not like they don't have the resources to set up some good servers for it. I just hate waiting till later to see the visuals, since most of the time I'm usually listening to Leo Laporte and his crew go over the event as it happens.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is NEVER officially streamed live. If it is, it will be done by rogue audience members sneaking the stream, trying to not get caught. I really wish Apple would just change their policy and do live streaming. It's not like they don't have the resources to set up some good servers for it. I just hate waiting till later to see the visuals, since most of the time I'm usually listening to Leo Laporte and his crew go over the event as it happens.

Doug

Well that's a bummer, then what is the ustream link for if it's not streamed live? I can watch the video on apple.com when it's over I guess. I don't know how long it'll take to update on the site but I can watch it there. At least I assume I can, since I've watched WWDC's and events there before, though many months after it happened. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Well that's a bummer, then what is the ustream link for if it's not streamed live? I can watch the video on apple.com when it's over I guess. I don't know how long it'll take to update on the site but I can watch it there. At least I assume I can, since I've watched WWDC's and events there before, though many months after it happened. :p

Well, we at least get to "hear" what is happening and that in its self can be kind of exciting I guess. It's all about how good the reporters are and their commentary. I like Leo and his team because they love tech and aren't too biased, so will be honest about what they see unfold. The streams that we might find to actually watch aren't usually worth watching since the quality tends to be horrible, and it will usually be shot from the back row, and all shaky. I always wait until later to watch if the audio seems like it would be worth while.

Doug

P.S. Ustream isn't the only source. If you google for it, you'll find multiple sources.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The full video (going off the last few) will be up on the Apple site a couple of hours after.

P.S. The Apple store is down already! With 4 hours left til the keynote starts!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.