Is there any "How to" DVD's re: Mac Programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I just bought my Mac a few months ago, and though I can do all the basics, like surf the web, download songs, burn a CD ect. I really want to know about the other programs like the iDVD, iMovie. I'd really like to make professional slideshows/movies with wedding pictures and stuff like that. I know you can do the one on one classes at the Apple store but it's too far away from my house. Does anyone know if there is some kind of tutuorial DVD that I can watch someone navigate through those programs and really show you how to use them to their full potiential. I just can't grasp everything from reading manuals. Thanks, Rachel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I went to iTunes and downloaded a ton of podcast on Mac's. A video tutorial called screencast online is availible as a free vodcast as well. There are also some other tutorials such as teachmac.com. There is alot to learn w/ the Mac and even more to relearn coming from PCland. You'll love it after awhile, trust me on that one. You'll find out soon enough. Search for "Mac" in the podcast section that worked really well for me. I started learning 5 months before buying! Those links are to paid tutorials but I've learned tons just by listening to podcast and don't forget this forum is here and we can help!
AND WELCOME HERE!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the first picture i got in my head was that video professor dude hawking "how to use ebay on a mac" cds. [shudder]

3448_HomeJohnWSchererV3.jpg

sounds like Steven and Sachsr have some good leads for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.