is there an iphone app that allows you to locate an iphone with just one login

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
unless logged out.
is there an iphone app that allows you to locate my familys' iphone without having to log in to icloud account more than once? I have “find my iphone” but that requires a login after about every 5mins of no use. I downloaded iphone locator? On my android, and that requires only one login and always remains logged in unless logged out. Is there something similar for iphones?,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not sure I understand what you're referring to about having to log in every 5 minutes? Maybe because you're in Hong Kong, but here in the US (my home in Texas), I log in to iCloud once and select find my iPhone or my wife's. I will remain logged in even after the iPhone I'm trying to find is located.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
l have to log in after minutes of inactivity of the “find my iphone” app. l downloaded a similar app on my android and that always remains logged in unless logged out. interesting you tell me that it requires only one login and remains logged in. l will try to uninstall the app and reinstall, hopefully it will remain logged in. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I have the same issue but I think it's due to iPhone not being multi tasking. If I login to FindMyPhone and then, say, send a message or check Facebook, I have to re-login into FMP. OP, is this the issue?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am not aware of an app that will do what you want, although, you could browse the app store to see what you can find.

FMP here also logs out after several minutes of inactivity (never timed it), whether I use any other apps or not.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's true once the iPhone has been located that the FMP logs you out after a few minutes, however, you still remain logged into iCloud - if that's what the OP was referring to. At least that's the behavior I noticed when using the FMP from iCloud.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
thanks for responses, l did uninstall "Find iPhone" app and reinstalled. it did same again, after logging in to see where family members iphone is located, it will log out after several minutes of no use. it requires pw to be entered again :(
again is there an app that allows you to see where family members are without having to relogin if dont log out? on my now unusable android, there is an app, "iphone locator"? that allows this. can't understand why iphones dont have something similar. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.