Is there a stylus that can write on my Macbook trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air mid-2013 4GB, and other machines
MacBook Air 13" early 2015 in this case. For a real estate transaction I know I'll have to sign a bazillion documents, and while I can paste a signature in Preview, I'd rather do an actual signature for each document to avoid problems.

I presume the touchpad is capacitive? Or maybe not? If I get a capacitive stylus (is there such a thing?) will that work? I could find a lot of information but not specific to my particular trackpad, as my understanding is they are not all the same.

No, I don't really want to add on a USB sketch tablet etc. Any information about that is appreciated just in case, but this is a low-use-case scenario I don't want to spend much money on.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apparently, there are stylus pens that do work on trackpads. I haven't done a search for one, but am betting that Amazon probably has what you need.

Here's an interesting article on using a stylus pen on your trackpad:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.