Is there a keep-alive app for iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15; 16 GB
I work at a job where I have to use my personal iPhone on their wifi. The problem is that if you don't use it after some number of minutes -- and I don't know that number -- it logs you off and you have to log in again. No big deal, but a keep-alive app would save time.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does "use iPhone on their WiFi" mean? Do you need to be actively using the network traffic or just keep the phone awake? If the latter, that's easy enough to do on the iPhone itself. If the former, then you'll need a different method, and I have ideas.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15; 16 GB
I'll say it is "actively using the network traffic". It is an 8-hour shift and to save battery, I usually turn the phone's screen off once I am done with whatever it is I am doing. If it has been too long, when I come back the Wi-Fi is no longer active and I find I am on cellular data. I would not mind if I were paying for a plan with a lot of cellular data, but I'm on a cheap plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Which iPhone and iOS versions are you using?

Maybe you can set a timer for 1 hour? Or a Reminder?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Is maybe the WiFi network logging you off for inactivity? Most of them have a timeout, to make room for new folks to get into the network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I work at a job where I have to use my personal iPhone on their wifi. The problem is that if you don't use it after some number of minutes --

Wouldn't this be up to the company's IT tech to change the limits or settings in whatever software they are using???

- PATRICK
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I work at a job where I have to use my personal iPhone on their wifi. The problem is that if you don't use it after some number of minutes --

Wouldn't this be up to the company's IT tech to change the limits or settings in whatever software they are using???

Or have a look here:
Is it possible to activate TCP keepalive on Apple iOS devices
iphone - Is it possible to activate TCP keepalive on Apple iOS devices - Stack Overflow

Or maybe here:
IPHONE "KEEP ALIVE"
IPHONE "KEEP ALIVE" - Google Search

- PATRICK
======

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15; 16 GB
Which iPhone and iOS versions are you using?

Maybe you can set a timer for 1 hour? Or a Reminder?
It's a 6 Plus and the iOS is the latest as of today. A timer could be the answer.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15; 16 GB
Is maybe the WiFi network logging you off for inactivity? Most of them have a timeout, to make room for new folks to get into the network.

I don't know if it is the typical type of log-off one sees at sites that have timeouts, such as my bank. I just know that when I use my phone again, the wi-fi signal icon is gone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15; 16 GB

Or have a look here:
Is it possible to activate TCP keepalive on Apple iOS devices
iphone - Is it possible to activate TCP keepalive on Apple iOS devices - Stack Overflow

Or maybe here:
IPHONE "KEEP ALIVE"
IPHONE "KEEP ALIVE" - Google Search

======

Their IT is unwavering: If something is set up a certain way, that's the way it stays forever. As for the links, although I'm considered by friends to be a techie, most of those are outside my knowledge. But thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I work at a job where I have to use my personal iPhone on their wifi. The problem is that if you don't use it after some number of minutes

Their IT is unwavering: If something is set up a certain way, that's the way it stays forever.

OK, but to be quite honest, I am far from being an iOS expert and I don't understand why it is that your iPhone is actually disconnecting, or is it being cut off by the company software.

With a bit of Googling here are some things to try:
Easy to Fix iPhone Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi
Easy to Fix iPhone Keeps Disconnecting from WiFi - Driver Easy

or maybe one of these hits from:
ios "wi-fi "keep awake"
ios "wi-fi "keep awake" - Google Search

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.