Is my MBP too expensive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz
---------------------------------------------------------

US List Price = US$2,500
Thai List Price = US$2,800 (what I've actually paid)

So roughly the MBP is 10% more expensive in Thailand compared to the US base price.

Is this price acceptable for a non-US retailer? Any MBP users outside the US have any comment on this price difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Is this price acceptable for a non-US retailer? Any MBP users outside the US have any comment on this price difference?

This kind of "debate" is a regular occurrence especially in the Games Industry where consumers see the Price differences that the Europeans pay in comparison to the US.

The fact is that we live in two totally different economy's and although I can't speak for Thailand, the rate of pay per hour in comparison for jobs for UK and US is around 1.5x, so the price difference is too a degree justified in that sense if in the UK we have Higher Wages, Higher Living Costs, etc it would be stupid to expect that we deserve the same price as others.

However considering they often produce these devices on the Cheap in countries like China make's me question how the effect of Higher Wages, etc come in to play as much as it seems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.