Ipod Video Using and Charging at the same time

Reaction score
I'm sure I've seen this somewhere and I've done a search but am incompetent in finding the answer myself, so can you help.
I thought that when you were using your Ipod, listening to music playing a game watching a video etc that if your were connected via a powered USB port that that battery would still be charged, ie you would see no loss of battery power, so when you had to disconnect the usb battery surely would still be fully charged, am I wrong in this assumption?

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Would I be correct in thinking that when the unit is charging you cannot use any of the functions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Plug the iPod in, and then "eject" it or drag it to the trash. That will put it in charge mode instead of synch mode and you can use it normally while it is plugged into your computer.

OP
Gazmaz
Reaction score
Ah unfortunately that didn't work.
Now I'm not using a Mac, yet, you'll have to see another thread of mine for that, I'm on Win 2000 but I can't imagine that's the issue.
So to confirm, when I've finished synching, and I'm not using Itunes or even if I've ejected it, should I be able to use the Ipod watching a Video etc and the Ipod not loose it's charge and in fact continue to charge, if this is the case that is not happening:(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.