ipod shuffle is upsetting me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
Hi everyone, I recently got a 2nd gen shuffle and it connects to itunes fine, but during song transfer, every 2 -3 songs it says ipod syncing. Sometimes it does this during the middle of 1 song transfer. once it is plugged in and itunes starts shouldnt remain synced?? also, it takes FOOOOOREVER to transfer songs due to this "syncing thing". So the song will start, slow progress, then "syncing ipod" then it will do like 2 songs and then all over again. it took about 10 minutes to transfer 150 songs and i have a macbook pro (usb 2.0 obviously). i transfered almost 2000 songs much faster to my 80! is this how the new shuffle is? i had a 1st gen before and it didnt do this. I have an 80 gig and i have no problems with it, i just want this for my warehouse job. please let me know, otherwise the apple store will be my next stop.. thanks!
-dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
what?

whatever youre talking about it sounds like youre just explaining whats meant to happen...

Reaction score
I have a 2nd Gen Shuffle as well and it too is terribly slow when it comes to transfering songs to it. Smurfy, are you saying Apple meant for the Shuffle to be a POS?

Reaction score
I think smurphy is right, it is shuffling your entire song database, but it shouldn't take that long...
How about a good old fashion restore? Clear its little shuffled brain and start over?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.