iPod mini generation differences?

D

Desolate One

Just a quick one guys. Now my GF has been bitten by the iPod bug. Are there any visual differences between the two generations of the mini so she can tell them apart?
Besides the extended battery life, lack of Gold, brighter colors, and other minute changes, she wants to know if there is anything important she should know about.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Desolate One said:
Just a quick one guys. Now my GF has been bitten by the iPod bug. Are there any visual differences between the two generations of the mini so she can tell them apart?
Besides the extended battery life, lack of Gold, brighter colors, and other minute changes, she wants to know if there is anything important she should know about.

Thanks.

I'm in the process of buying one for my girlfriend for our anniversary and when I went to check them out at my local Apple store I could find no visual differences other than the colors between the most current models and my first gen silver model.

-Chris

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yeah, I really don't know of any other differences either, besides the ones you mentioned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 Powerbook & 80g iPod classic
The click wheel button icons are the same color as the body of the ipod. In the previous generation they were grey on all models. I bought a second generation mini, green, with green button icons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Same dimensions, weight and case designs so except for the button colors and battery life they are identical (New mini comes with fewer accessories)

OP
D

Desolate One

Great. Thanks so much for the input guys. I'll pass this along to her.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.