iPod classic

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since iTunes is no longer, how do I delete audiobooks from my iPod Classic.
Thank you.

We have already answered this before. Please do not double post. Here is what we previously stated:

See if this Apple KB article helps:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211024

The article refers to an iPod Touch but an iPod Classic should work the same way.

OP
D
Reaction score
We have already answered this before. Please do not double post. Here is what we previously stated:

See if this Apple KB article helps:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211024

The article refers to an iPod Touch but an iPod Classic should work the same way.
Unfortunately the iPod Classic does not have a touch screen. There is a 'wheel' on the front to select items. Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay, try these instructions instead:

OP
D
Reaction score
We got it. Thanks to those that made suggestions and we are sorry for the double post. We don't do much w/ computers and thought we never posted the first time. Here is what we did: With the iPod hooked to our Mac, we double clicked on the hard drive name, then on the name of the Pod in the list on the left side of the screen. Once that window opened, we clicked on Manage Storage. From there, it's just click on what you want to delete, and hit the delete button.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, great. By the way, if the small hard drive in your classic ever fails, the US site (www.ifixit.com) has a procedure where you can substitute a SD card in its place.

When my wife dropped her classic iPod, the small hard drive was damaged and that's what we did to replace it. Those small hard drives that fit in the classic are very expensive and hard to find.

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay, try these instructions instead:

Thanks for responding to my problem. Unfortunately iTunes is no longer and option. The functions now available are Music and another option is Books. Using the Book app. I see all of my audiobooks on my computer, but my iPod Classic is not available, neither is it available in Music. Hence my dilemma.
When my Classic is connected to my computer, the icon shows on the desk top., not in Music or Books. A solution was figured out yesterday, by my persistent husband. I can now delete books from my Classic. It requires several steps, but it works.
Thanks to those who responded, I appreciated it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay, great. By the way, if the small hard drive in your classic ever fails, the US site (www.ifixit.com) has a procedure where you can substitute a SD card in its place.

When my wife dropped her classic iPod, the small hard drive was damaged and that's what we did to replace it. Those small hard drives that fit in the classic are very expensive and hard to find.
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.