iPod Classic - Can't remove orphan movies and podcasts

Reaction score
Setup
Computer - Mac OSX Monterey 12.4
iPod Classic 160GB

I am at my wits end. I have been trying to get delete several orphan movies and podcasts from my iPod Classic. I have reset the iPod to factory specs twice and created new Music libraries three times! Yet, the orphans remain. Have scrounged Google and several forums in search of a way to delete them, but these are orphans whereas the articles I found only dealt with actual movies or podcasts that were on the device or computer, usually relating to iTunes, which no longer exists in the MacOSX. The orphans I have appear on no Mac I currently have (the other is a MacBook Pro).

I have attached screenshots of the orphans involved.

Where are these entries stored?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

TIA

Attachments

• Movie orphans.png
    Movie orphans.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Podcast orphans.png
    Podcast orphans.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
1) Have you unchecked the Sync option? If so, are the Movies there, but greyed out?
2) Have you looked in Music > Music > Media? Or the files may be in Movies > TV > Media?

OP
T
Reaction score
I have unchecked the Sync option for the podcasts and movie listings and they do grey out.

I did check the Music> Music> Media and Movies> TV> Media locations and found no items within.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Also, if you can connect it to a winOS PC, you can erase it same as an external drive. Then connect it to your Mac and set it up as new.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well I got rid of the movie issue. Here is what I did.

1) I searched for deleted any unused iTunes folder. Fortunately there were only about 4-5 on my various hard drives.
2) I then ran a search and delete on any Movies folders.
3) I created a new Music directory and kicked off Music to create the new library.
4) I imported my music database to see if the Movie listing came back on the iPod when I Synced it with my iMac.
5) Once the music import was completed I smiled . . . Movies gone.
6) Unfortunately, the Podcast listing are still there. Still, it is progress.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.