Ipod 5th generation and a question

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm new here, and I joined this forum because I have some doubts about my next Apple purchase.

I'll try to be as quick as possible.

Basically I want to buy the new Ipod Nano, 5th generation, but I have heard that Apple "might" release a new Ipod in 2011.
Now here is the question:

Are these rumors trustworthy?
Because I don't want to buy an Ipod Nano, just to find out there will be a new one within less than 6 months.
However this doesn't bother me if they'll release a new Ipod Touch, because i'm not interested in that.

So, do you guys think I should buy the new Ipod Nano now, or should I wait until january 2011?

Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's always something new waiting to be released sometime in the future. If you want an iPod Nano 5th generation model, buy it now. New iPods are normally released around the time students are heading back to school but that doesn't mean that every model or even certain models will be updated. Only Apple knows for sure.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch, MacBook Pro 15" i5
Maybe

No nessercerly, ( sorry for the spelling) But Apple are very likely to release something new for 2011 think about it but I think you should buy one now and just get the updte if there was one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo :: 13.3" MacBook 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo
Apple *tend* to have an iPod event in the first week of September. I would wait till the second week of September before buying a new iPod.

OP
K
Reaction score
So Apple may announce a new Ipod in the month of september.

I agree with guys above telling me to buy it now, in fact my girlfriend got her Ipod 5th gen today, and well, it does look shiny!
Lighter than 4th, larger display, polished colours, radio (I had one mp3 player with built-in radio and it's really cool, apple did good) and the videocamera, which is not necessary but still awesome indeed.

But if we're waiting some rocking news (like Ipod Nano 6th generation, or a whole re-invented Ipod) well I guess I can wait.

This is incredible though, they released the 5th gen in september 9 2009, and exactly one year later they're talking about a 6th gen one.
Apple sure runs fast!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.