iphoto??

Reaction score
I am a newbie at iphoto and it really has me confussed!

I've used iphoto a couple of times before by simply plugging in my camera, then a dialog box pops up asking something about using iphoto library, which also gives me the option to decide later or use iphoto library. I know this isn't exact but I hope it's enough info for help. In the past I always clicked decide later, but this time I selected iphoto library. The problem now is that in the pas I created albums and was able to save my photo's under those albums, now the photo's I've just loaded goes in to the iphoto library folder is is really hard to find (this happens even when I create a new album). Is there anyway to et it back to the way it was before, so that I can find the photo's easier? Help PLEASE!!!

Reaction score
I use :

Macintosh HD -> Applications ->Image Capture.app

It lets me pick and choose exactly where I want the photos stored and gives me better choices about what I want downloaded.

Just select all the pictures in the iPhoto Library and export them out to the location of your choice, or select them all and drag them to the Desktop or a folder on your Desktop.

There is an option in ImageCapture to stop using iPhoto as the default app to manage your photos.

Welcome to the forums, looking!

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion and welcome!

When I try the Image capture it says I have no "image capture device connected, does that mean that I need to have the camera connected then select Image Capture?

Is there any way to get iphoto to automatically save new upload photo's into an specific file, or do I have to find them and drag them all the time?

Reaction score
iPhoto's philosophy needs a change in thinking: It basically takes car of your files, and becomes the premier way for you to interact with your photos. You shouldn't ever have to go looking in the library folder again. A file-free philiosphy. If you ever need the file of an image, just drag it to your desktop from within iPhoto to create a file of the image you can use however you want. Use iPhoto to do the organizing, let iPhoto worry about juggling files.

OP
L
Reaction score
The iphoto philosophy idea makes sense to me now, but what if I want to ad the pic to an email? according to the iphoto philosophy that means that I'm going to have to drag all the photo's on to the desktop (or where ever) first right? That seems to be more of a pain to me. Thanks for the replies though, keep them coming!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.