iPhoto "lol"

Reaction score
I was looking though my "My Pictures" folder in my home directory and one of the folders was called "lol". I looked in it and there were a lot of files that had iphoto in the name and there were two folders one called "originals" and another one called "modified". There were a lot of my personal pictures in there. Well I thought it must be some project I tried a while back and then forgot about so I deleted it, but then when I reopened iPhoto none of my photos where there and "library" was empty. Luckily I have backups so no worries.

When I closed iPhoto and looked in my "My Pictures" there was again a folder called "lol".

Is "lol" the folder that iTunes makes for itself inside "My Pictures" or is something funny here?

OP
J
Reaction score
And as I re-import my photos into iPhoto I can watch them populate under the "lol" folder. Very odd name for a program file, if you ask me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.