IPhoto 6.06 “quit unexpectantly” problem

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes I also go to DVD to a fire proof safe for each roll. do a incremental Backup with superduper. And move the libray as a whole to my server at work and to a external drive. PARANOID.

Now worrys saw the photos. Option key, upon launch of iphoto to show the library. Changed the name of the library on internal to experiment woth copy on external. Still rebuilding thumbnails.

M

MacHeadCase

Well that is good practice to do those backups. And let the thumbnail rebuilding thing go on now. Do NOT stop it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Working VERY WELL!!!!!! Owe you one! Must of been corrupt cache? (By pulling iphoto pref file) Is that neccesary to fix cache.

Many. many thanks......

M

MacHeadCase

I really don't know why this happens but sometimes the cache folders become corrupted or too full? In any case, whenever I see some quirky behaviour and if I think it is related to the cache folders, I clean them out. Sometimes it will be a corrupted pref file, though.

Well I'm glad it's fixed! YAY!!! :girl:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.