iPhone14 purchase with Verizon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Wife and I are both considering purchasing an iPhone14 when they come out in a few days.

Our current iPhone10s has Verizon.

My wife says she saw "something" in news reports that an iPhone14 with Verizon as the service provider can only be on a "subscription only" service.

Sounds fishy to me.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All carriers are offering the option to purchase a new phone outright or on installments (this is what your wife might think is "subscription"). Subscription, however, has an entirely different meaning and this isn't it.

You can also trade your 10s to Verizon to get a discount on the purchase of the new phone. Being a few gens behind, the trade in value won't be as high as trading in a iPhone 13 or 12.

Also, with the supply chain as it is, pre-orders of iPhone 14 are shipping sometime in October, I wouldn't expect them at your local stores in large quantities for a while and then you're running into holiday shopping, so if you're looking to casually upgrade to the new phone while your current phone is working fine, you might want to hold off until early 2023 when the supply should be abundant.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Thanks for the info. My apologies for not responding earlier.

We both got the ProMax with 1TB. We were not interested in the "subscription" offer.

Verizon the carrier. Had quite a bit of trouble switching the old phones over. Ended up going to a Verizon store not all that far from us.

IMO, the Verizon support over the internet was absolutely terrible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
IMO, the Verizon support over the internet was absolutely terrible.
Amen to that. That is just one of the reasons my wife and I moved over to T-Mobile for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
And I moved from T-Mobile to Verizon, because T-Mobile cell service was inconsistant.

I mostly go into stores to have issues fixed, T-Mobile and Verizon both fixed the issues I went in with. And so far I have not had any issues with either of their online support options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.