iphone Service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.1Ghz 250GB Hard Drive 2GB ram
I know the service for internet, text, voice all that junk costs 20-30$ a month. So I was wondering, first can you buy the phone but not activate it an just use it as a ipod? or can you switch it out with a regular phone plan and just use the phone without the texts or internet for no extra cost? thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You can't buy one now without signing a two-year contract with AT&T, though I believe you do have the legal right to buy out of it after a certain point. But if you don't want to activate it and use it as an iPod instead, then why not get an iPod Touch? You'll still have access to all the features of the iPhone, including the Apps Store... just no phone service.

And no... you can't just switch it out with a regular phone plan. ALTHOUGH... I did read an article once where some guy did get AT&T to drop the data plan and service for his iPhone. In fact, I just found an Engadget page that demonstrates how anyone can do it via AT&T's website under Account Management.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/16/iphone-users-can-now-drop-data-plan-save-20-per-month/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.