iPhone Mail doesn’t find my folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 13 (128 GB) iPad Air 3 (256 GB) Refurbed 21.5”iMac 3.6GHz Intel Core i3 w/Retina 4K (1 TB)
I have both an iPhone and an iPad. I also have my own domain email besides gmail. i have save folders set up for my domain email but i can’t see them on my iPhone though they are there in my iPad. Both currently running iOS 16.4.1. How do I fix this so I have them available on my iPhone too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You are probably going to have to compare the settings for both devices. You will be able to notice where the settings are different. And change the iPhone to match the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
Have you actually set up the accounts on the iPhone, folder are not enough.

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 13 (128 GB) iPad Air 3 (256 GB) Refurbed 21.5”iMac 3.6GHz Intel Core i3 w/Retina 4K (1 TB)
You are probably going to have to compare the settings for both devices. You will be able to notice where the settings are different. And change the iPhone to match the iPad.
The settings are exactly the same on each device except for the server port. iPhone uses 995 while iPad uses 993. They both pick up mail fine but I can’t find my folders on the iPhone.

Last edited:
OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you actually set up the accounts on the iPhone, folder are not enough.
Of course I have. I get mail fine but I have subfolders setup on the email server. The iPad picks them up fine. I never had to “set them up” in the iPad. On the other hand, the iPhone doesn’t seem to have the subfolders except for the basics, Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Trash and Archive. I’m going to attach a screenshot of what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_2898.png
    IMG_2898.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0154.png
    IMG_0154.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The settings are exactly the same on each device except for the server port. iPhone uses 995 while iPad uses 993.

I dare say the settings are NOT exactly the same, and you just posted some of the differences.

Email type and port numbers can be quite critical for things to work properly and you need to get them all EXACTLY the same for them to work properly.

You might want to double-check your Mail Rules as well, and double-check the Settings in your Mail Preferences > Accounts.

Also whatever you have set up for synchronizing your email between Accounts and iDevices.

Computers only do what they are told to do, so there are some differences somewhere. All you have to do is figure out which ones they are and correct them.

- Patrick
=======

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I’m at a loss. I tried changing the iPhone port to 993 but it failed to verify. Other than the ports, the mail/account settings are the same. There should be no reason for the iPhone not to pick up the sub folders.

What else should I be comparing? I dont have any rules set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Assuming these are imap, have the sub folders been mapped to your server

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Assuming these are imap, have the sub folders been mapped to your server
Nope. This is a pop account. And yes, they are on my server.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you try the Edit button, to see if there is an option for it to display your Saved folder?

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would suggest you have a look through some of the hits you will find with this search:

I didn't think one could even sync a POP email accounts between two iDevices, but I could be wrong.

- Patrick
=======
I have no problem syncing the pop mail. I receive all my mail on all my devices, n problem. What I don’t get are the subfolders I created on the webmail site on my iPhone. No problem with the iMac or iPad. It’s only the iPhone that refuses to find the subfolders and I cant figure out why.

OP
Mikisunshine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try the Edit button, to see if there is an option for it to display your Saved folder?
Yup. It says the mailbox couldn’t be created on the server. Problem is, it’s already on the server but the iPhone doesn’t seem to see it. I’m stumped. I’ll try AppleCare tomorrow and see if they can figure it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What I don’t get are the subfolders I created on the webmail site on my iPhone.

Can you not just set up the subfolders you wonder need on your iPhone, then I would assume you would need to use the iPhone Mail Rules to sort them accordingly, but I am probably not understanding your problem fully or what you are expecting Mail and the mail-servers to do, at least as far as secondary folders are concerned.

Good luck with AppleCare.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't think one could even sync a POP email accounts between two iDevices, but I could be wrong.

- Patrick
=======
With POP3 mail boxes the issue is how long you schedule deletion from the server, the default setting is to delete when downloaded, and to get mail on other devices (this is not syncing) then you have change this to a longer period for deletion. That is why most people with more than one device use IMAP, and that is true syncing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.