iPhone broken screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Ok so the subject above doesn't quite cover this but I need some help.

Basically I have an old iPhone 4s. It was synced to an old computer of mine that I never transferred the data from.
I have some data on the iPhone I could do with recovering.

Now, the iPhone has a completely broken screen, but the iPhone itself is recognised via iTunes.
Here is my problem... When I plug the iPhone into iTunes, iTunes wants me to tap on the iPhone that I will allow this computer to access the phone (obviously I can't do this with the broken screen).

So here is my question, is there any reliable and proven way of recovering data from the phone without going through iTunes and bypassing allowing access via the phone?

I know I could just replace the screen for a few quid but I don't really want to do that, i'm saving that as a last resort.

Many thanks

- Simon

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey Simon, good to see you back. I'm not sure if it will work with your 4s, but when iTunes asks, have you tried pressing the home button? I just reset an iPhone 4 for a friend on my machine last night and that worked when I was asked the same thing.

OP
Buzzard2010
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Hi mate, good to be back, only taken a little while to get back on here, including moving house 6 times :eek:
I'll give that a bash later on, sounds like a good idea to me, if this works i'll be forever grateful and in your debt ;)

- Simon

Hey Simon, good to see you back. I'm not sure if it will work with your 4s, but when iTunes asks, have you tried pressing the home button? I just reset an iPhone 4 for a friend on my machine last night and that worked when I was asked the same thing.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
if this works i'll be forever grateful and in your debt ;)

- Simon

Careful Simon. Better find out Charlie's fee first. My Texas neighbors do everything in a big way. :D

BTW welcome back.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Uh, Sly.... please notice the date of Simon's post and my reply to him. :p

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
:Blushing: I'm going to go get my dunce cap out of the closet now. BBL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.