iPhone battery replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Wow... I haven't checked on what normal temperatures such machines should be running at but the ones in your graph seem to be rather on the hot side to me and exposure to electronic circuits.

Apple's article doesn't seem to be much help for such users:
Keep your Mac laptop within acceptable operating temperatures

Your Macs just seem to be running a bit on the hot side to me but maybe that's normal for those models. Regardless I think I would be inclined to add a bit of cooling, passive or not.
Hi Patrick - not sure you understood that the temps shown previously occurred during running of the VirusBarrier app (a behavior that I've seen on my previous two laptops and older iMac, i.e. likely due to the app itself and how it functions?). Below is the same temps on the M2 Air now back to normal - not sure why this malware app raises the CPU temps SO MUCH? Dave

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 12.42.53 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Below is the same temps on the M2 Air now back to normal - not sure why this malware app raises the CPU temps SO MUCH? Dave

Somewhat OT, but maybe distantly related, an article that just dropped into my iMac this morning that may have some helpful information that you and other users could use:
Apple M3 MacBook Air hits 114 degrees Celsius under full load
M3 silicon is "scary fast" -- but also scary hot

No, I haven't read the whole article just in case you were wondering. 😉

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Thanks Randy - I also have DetectXSwift on my machines - I rarely use either of these apps (also same about OnyxX) unless some malware issue seems to have occurred, also a rarity and usually a browser attack/pop-up. Still don't understand the temp increase which has happened on all of my machines over the years. Dave
Dave, the Intego Scanner is working very hard and doing a lot of disk interactions as well. So both the CPU and the drive are going to heat up in the process. Hence the temperature spikes. And Intego also runs for a long time as it doing the very thorough scanning, which lets the heat build up. It's been that way for a long time.

Reaction score
...usually a browser attack/pop-up...

Pop-ups usually have nothing to do with malware, so VB or DX won't be of any assistance.

You can set your browser to block Web site pop-ups:

In Safari Preferences (or settings)
open the Websites tab
click Pop-up Windows (in left column)
then choose Block or Block and Notify in the lower right corner of a window

However, most pop-us that you see these days are from unwanted notifications. You can block these notifications:

In Safari Preferences (or settings)
Websites tab
Notifications (in left column)
deselect “Allow websites to ask for permission to send notifications”

https://tidbits.com/2023/06/26/how-to-identify-and-eliminate-abusive-web-notifications/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.