iPhone backup to iCloud

Reaction score
How do I backup iphone 5 to iCloud?

When I am attached to 13" MBP and iTunes I can back up to my computer but not to iCloud.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac intel core duo "17 early 2006 with snow leopard
Hi, i try to respond at your question, are you setting on your itunes for execute the backup of your iphone in the mac and in the cloud ? is a simple setup on the first page of itunes after the connection of the iphone. personally i execute my backup only a icloud, but sometime i execute into a mac my backup for safety.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
iCloud backup on your phone happens when you are connected to power and on wifi (like when you charge your phone at night etc).

Once enabled this happens automatically. No need to be connected to iTunes.

To switch iCloud backups on go to Settings - iCloud - Storage & Backup and turn on the iCloud back up option.
It will happen automatically but you can force an immediate cloud backup in this menu too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac intel core duo "17 early 2006 with snow leopard
yes, it's true, i have forgotten this important and independent use for backup on icloud ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.