iPhone 6+ Retail Store Release Day Shopping

Reaction score
Hello All,

I had an epic fail trying to preorder my iPhone so have decided to try to get one at a retail store location NOT named Apple to avoid the madness. My question is, has anyone purchased their iDevice on release day from the likes of a Walmart/Target, Radio Shack or Verizon/AT&T Store? If so, how was the crowd, were there lines/camped out customers, product availability, etc? I was hoping I could get to one of those stores a bit earlier than 8AM and get my iPhone 6+ 64GB and not have to be in a long queue of people waiting.

So any input would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
yes, this past friday i went to my local AT&T store and upgraded from a 4S to the 6. painless. i was due for upgrade and kept my same plan for 2 years. 15 minutes max and no line. i can pick it up at store on friday.

C

chas_m

From what I hear (around the world), getting an iPhone 6+ by walking into a retail store today (Friday) is going to be an extreme challenge. The iPhone 6 is more readily available for walk-ins.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.