iPhone 6+ case & extended warrantee advice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
So after 6 weeks I finally got my iPhone 6+, Gold,128GB. Love it!. Set up was a breeze and so far, absolutely no issues.

I need some advice - I will be putting either an Apple Care or Square Trade warrantee on the phone. I have used Square Trade and had favorable results, but I have no experience with Apple Care (because I haven't needed it.) Just wondering and I do have time to decide. Cost is identical.

As for a case - right now I have a very cheap one on it. I would like to get either a lifeproof (which doesn't have one yet for the iPhone 6+) or a Pong case - in something other than black which is all they have right now. OR can any one give me a better suggestion????

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can't really advise on the case. I've tried various cases on my iPhone and it seems there's always something about the one I buy that I eventually don't like. I guess I don't choose very well.

But I have purchased Apple Care + on my iPhone and iPad ($99). It does extend the one year warranty to two and additionally covers 2 incidents of accidental damage less a deductible. Using hindsight, I probably should not have purchased it on the iPad since that mostly stays at home with my wife. She uses it exclusively for our ministry recordings and church work.

I have never used SquareTrade but there are some other folks here that have used them before. But I have heard good things about their coverage. By the way, that's a "killer" iPhone you purchased so it's a good idea to have some kind of additional protection for loss or damage.

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree on the lost or damaged coverage but I am not sure where I will get that. My carrier has it - at a price. I guess I wonder about the expense given that with all the phones I have had - and that is in the couple dozen catagory - I have never lost, damaged, or had one die on me. I realize I have a phone angel watching over me. ;)

I too, have case issues. I will buy several initially, but when I settle on one the phone will wear it until it is dead or replaced.

Lisa

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mary.

Still case hunting. I have a clear bumper case on it but I am not totally happy with the protection side. I will check out the link.

I did add Apple Care as a protection plan.

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Be careful of that Link Lisa. I just did a quick check on them and it seems they're an unknown retailer in China. As a matter of fact, the post was likely an advertisement posted for them by "Mary" (whoever she is). Stick with on line retailers that you can trust - like Amazon, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Air
I just suggest iPhone 6 plus case for lclev, there are many China retailer in Amazon, Ebay also.

OP
lclev
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I kinda already figured that out. I looked but ended up purchasing a case from Amazon.

I actually have been to China and have seen their tech malls up close in several of their large cities. My son-in-law told me to make sure there was actual insides to any electronics I buy and to try them out first. That plus all the pirated movies, designer purses, clothes, etc was enough to keep me from purchasing.

But thanks for the warning. I appreciate it.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.