Iphone 5s price ..?

Reaction score
Did Apple jack up the price of the iPhone 5s .. ?.. I was going to upgrade from 4s to the 5s a week ago (price was $0 on 2 year contract) .. Went in yesterday and the price is now $228 on 2 year contract .. Guy at the counter said it wasn't Bell that jacked the price it was Apple ..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I checked AT&T and Verizon and both of them have the iPhone 5S for $99 with a 2 year contract. They also have it available on a monthly charge for lower if you want to own it outright or the full price of $549.99 for a single shot price..

That $0 with 2 year contract must have been a promotional thing from the carrier.

Technically, Apple has already sold the devices to the various carriers and its up to them to figure out the best way of getting the money back from the consumer. I seriously doubt that Apple would go back to a carrier and affect pricing on a previous generation device..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.