Iphone 5c display problem

Reaction score
My display started looking funny today, for no apparent reason. It looks darker (even with brightness turned all the way up), all the reds are orange, and I can see little ghost burn in images of common images, such a jumble of letters of the clock at the top (i.e., when the clock isn't there), the back button from the browser etc.

Does anyone know what might have caused this problem, how to fix it and how much it would cost?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you drop or bang your iPhone or get it wet? It sounds like the LCD display has been subjected to a shock or water. Anyway, if you do not have accidental Apple Care coverage, Apple will probably replace it with a refurbished 5c and charge accordingly. I don't know what they will charge so it might be a good idea to take it to your local Apple store and have them look at and give you an estimate.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the weird thing, I didn't drop it or anything...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.