iPhone 4s No WiFi or Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After a ios update the WiFi and Bluetooth don't work. Took it to an iPhone repair person, he said that the phone was never meant to have the update, that's what fried the board. A new WiFi board wouldn't fix it, which was the only possible thing. He knew, he has seen a lot of them with that problem. The phone is now alerting me to update to ios8! Good luck; another new phone and I won't allow it to be updated.
If I update this phone to ios8, I'll have to take it to the repair person AGAIN so he can open it up and let the smoke out. :Angry:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know which iPhone repair person you took your 4S to but whoever it was knows nothing about iPhones. Your 4S can run iOS 7.X without a problem and it can even run iOS 8.X but is not recommended. If the WiFi and BT isn't working that might be a defect that coincidentally showed up after the update. If you want your iPhone diagnosed and fixed properly, take it to an Apple store.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
After trying to blow that smoke up my ..., I would never take a piece of electronics back to that repair shop again.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Took it to an iPhone repair person, he said that the phone was never meant to have the update, that's what fried the board.
What kind of repair shop is this? It took all of three seconds to find the system requirements for iOS 8 (here) which includes the 4s. I hope they didn't charge you for that.

So, yes, your phone can handle iOS 8. I'd suggest finding a different repair shop, preferably an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Reaction score
iPhone issue

Me too. After updating iOS the same issue can be appeared on my iPhone 5. But my friend is also having the same iphone he try to update his iOs, it's successfully updated. why it happen for me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Me too. After updating iOS the same issue can be appeared on my iPhone 5. But my friend is also having the same iphone he try to update his iOs, it's successfully updated. why it happen for me?

Follow the advice given above. You iPhone 5 can run the latest version of iOS (8.3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.