• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Iphone 4g?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Since it has that Flux Capacitor does it have to go 88 Miles Per Hour before it cures the cancer and everything else?

:D

Sorry, that Flux Capacitor part of Back To The Future always makes me LOL.

Hard to say, but I suppose speculating on that is about as useless as the speculation in the rest of this thread.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
I havent even messed with a sprint phone with 4g coverage as of now, i dont know how much faster it can be than the 3GS, they are pretty insanely quick. My girlfriend is about to get a blackberry with sprint maybe then i can see the speed of the 4G, i'll let everyone know when i experience that...... :eek:

Anyone used anything via Sprint's 4G network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook5,1
For starters, the 3GS came out exactly one year after the 3G, not a year and a half.

As for a 4G iPhone, don't even think about it for several years. The 4G technology being deployed by Verizon and AT&T is called LTE. It's still on the drawing board at AT&T and is currently in testing by Verizon. We might see a 4G Verizon network late next year, but only in major metropolitan areas. AT&T is probably going to start testing late next year or more likely in 2011 with deployment coming late 2011 or 2012.

If Apple has a five year exclusivity plan with AT&T as it was initially rumored, then no 4G hardware until 2012 (first iPhone came out in 2007), which would be in line with AT&T's deployment schedule. Now if it's only three years, as some would speculate, that would put the end of the contract at next summer. However, that's still too early for even Verizon's LTE network. As such, the next generation iPhone, if it's released next summer, will NOT be 4G enabled as the network simply won't be there. I suspect we'll be waiting for the fifth (2011) or sixth generation (2012) until 4G hardware is built in.

If you hear people saying that the 4G iPhone is coming out next summer, they're referring more to the fact that it's the fourth generation iPhone (3G was second generation, not third generation as the title might imply; the 3GS was third generation), not that it's going to be using the 4G network.

I think that the contract ends at the end of this year, which is only a couple months away. If thats true, the question SHOULD be which carrier(s) will pick it up, thus rectify there coverage to 4g than. Again, I could be wrong so don't grill me guys! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The reason I think next iPhone will be iPhone 4G is for two reasons:
#1: 4G wireless technology
#2: this will be the 4th generation iPhone (think about it 1G=original iphone, 2G=iphone 3G, 3G=iphone 3GS, so 4G= iPhone 4G).

4G data speeds would be freakin awesome. I'd love to have a much faster processor too (or at least lessen the cap on the processor speed)

I don't think the 3Gs qualifies as the "3rd Gen iPhone". There's not enough to set it apart from the 3G outside of Apples Sales Department.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Reaction score
if they do come out with an iphone 4g, then i hope they dont change the way iphone looks now, because i like the current design

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
The newest thing ive seen is the article posted on Gizmodo.com. The possible 4G/CDMA/GSM iphone or iPhone Nano.

Again a chinese developer must of leaked pictures of the casing and parts of a smaller iPhone version. No details on if these pictures are the fake iPhone Clones or the NEW iPhones ACTUAL case.

here is the link.

The iPhone Nano Rumor Strikes Again: Coming to Verizon in 2010? - iPhone - Gizmodo

Anything is possible, and Qualcomm keeps talking with APPLE to sell them their CDMA2000 Chipsets, "Evolution is Happening" as i say.

Reaction score
is it for real , i totally doont feel there is goiing ot be a 4G thing soon , may be aftet 3 yrs tops !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.26GHz MacBook Pro
well even 3G network have not reached out in many areaz n 4G still seemz to be in its momz tummy..... believe if we are taking of iphone 4G thats gonna the next generation (a new model) of iphone n not the advanced 4G network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
I don't think the 3Gs qualifies as the "3rd Gen iPhone". There's not enough to set it apart from the 3G outside of Apples Sales Department.

Then again, I could be wrong.

significant L2 upgrade and faster clock speed. I think there was a RAM upgrade as well plus video addition.

Is that much less than from the "2g" -> "3g"?

I wanted the 3GS but it was going to be 400 or whatever, eff that. I figure I can get the next one and laugh at all my friends with the 3GS :D

whether its called the "4g", or "3GSS", :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.