iPhone 4/4S Cases

Reaction score
There are a lot of different kind of cases for the iPhone. Each of them have their pros and cons.

I'm sort of in the same boat, trying to sort through the plethora of information.

I narrowed mine down to a front and back screen protector and an aluminum bumper. It all comes down to preferences and looks. Which can put a serious dent in your wallet. The bumper that I bought is 108.24 with tax. Retails for 99.99.

I usually start with youtube. >_>" I know it sounds weird but you get someone perspective and you can look for reviews and it gives you a place to start.

Currently i'm sporting the Red/Black Element Vapor.

I'm seriously considering one of these. I've been looking at every case I can find at my local stores and I don't really like any of them... and they're anywhere from $40-$60 so if this case is as nice as it looks then it might be worth it.

Do y'all have more pics of your phones in these? So it is just a bumper, correct? is the back of the bumper flush with the back of the phone when it's on or is it offset so that the back never touches the surface of what it's resting on? (I can't seem to tell from the pics I've seen) Is the case non slip in any way when the phone is laying on either side or does the metal touch whatever surface the phone is on?

Have you found any cons with this case yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
I have a few other vapor cases and have no complaints, the case is slightly offset so it keeps the front and back off a surface but just barely as to not add unnecessary bulk to your phone. My phone is always getting complements because of this case, in fact i liked it so much i decided to build a simple website and sell the case (Apple 2 Apples.com Welcome, We are here to make your apple better - Apple 2 Apples.com Giving you the phone Apple didn't!). Unfortunately life got busy and i had to focus back on my other priorities. The vapor case doesn't have any sort of non-slip functionality, which is why i don't let my wife put one on her iphone :)

I have a few cases left from my stock, two case-mate Jett bumpers and a Vapor case. If anyone is interested send me a PM, i just want to get rid of them so they will be cheeeap

photo (2).JPG

Reaction score
I have a few other vapor cases and have no complaints, the case is slightly offset so it keeps the front and back off a surface but just barely as to not add unnecessary bulk to your phone. My phone is always getting complements because of this case, in fact i liked it so much i decided to build a simple website and sell the case (Apple 2 Apples.com Welcome, We are here to make your apple better - Apple 2 Apples.com Giving you the phone Apple didn't!). Unfortunately life got busy and i had to focus back on my other priorities. The vapor case doesn't have any sort of non-slip functionality, which is why i don't let my wife put one on her iphone :)

I have a few cases left from my stock, two case-mate Jett bumpers and a Vapor case. If anyone is interested send me a PM, i just want to get rid of them so they will be cheeeap

thanks for your input. the lack of nonslip is kind of disconcerting, though I'm guessing that with the case on it's at least more nonslip than with no case at all... that back glass is sooooo dang slick and will slide around on most anything. even still, i'm seriously considering buying one anyway.

which cases are those that you have? is that the model before the Comp? will any of those fit a 4S?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
The vapor is indeed the model before the comp. As far as i know the dimensions of the 4S did not change compared to the 4 but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Reaction score
Book Book

I know everyone has different taste but I love My Book Book by twelvesouth. Wallet and case. Nice quality. I cut my own hole for the camera.
Check6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch 16gigs RAM i7 - iPhone 6 Plus - 27 inch Thunderbolt Display - iPad Air 2
For my 4 I got a Incipio Bombproof, everyone would always ask where I got it. It was a awesome case with great protection, saved my iPhone a ton of times. But I just got a 4S in white and it doesn't look as great so I'm going for the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel in green. Unbelievable case, 2 parts, great looking design, nice 2 tone color options too. But it's all personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Get the lifeproof case i go swimming and take a shower with my iphone and it is still like new and does not get wet. it is also very protective for drops as well i have dropped mine several times onto concrete and it is still like new.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
For my 4 I got a Incipio Bombproof, everyone would always ask where I got it. It was a awesome case with great protection, saved my iPhone a ton of times. But I just got a 4S in white and it doesn't look as great so I'm going for the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel in green. Unbelievable case, 2 parts, great looking design, nice 2 tone color options too. But it's all personal preference.

Interesting look. Makes me crave waffles.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.