iphone 3G = week wifi signals

Reaction score
Anyone have this problem? If I sit downtown or in a hotel often my ipod touch will pick up half a dozen signals and the phone might get one or none. The phone was in airplane mode with wifi turned on. Anyone notice this on there phones?

Reaction score
Mine seems to pick them up fine. Though I still haven't gotten to try out all my local places yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
This may not be a problem. Perhaps it is filtering out those networks it knows it can not communicate with. I notice with many devices such as the iphone that they will often see a network with a strong transmitter but the transmitter in the phone itself is not powerfull enough to get all the way back to the router. It still lists this network though and you sit there wondering why you are having trouble connecting.

Maybe it is filtering out the ones it knows it can't connect to? Has it ever not listed a wireless network you were looking for or not connected to a network that your ipod touch COULD connect to.

Reaction score
Strong signals

I have a strange problem. When I am in the same room as the router the iphone will often find my network and ask if it should join. I reply yes and it then says that it cannot join the network. If I go into another room (where wi-fi was difficult with my old non 3G iphone) It connects perfectly. This happens very frequently, as if the phone is being overloaded. Anyone else had this problem, and can anyone suggest a solution?

OP
S
Reaction score
This may not be a problem. Perhaps it is filtering out those networks it knows it can not communicate with. I notice with many devices such as the iphone that they will often see a network with a strong transmitter but the transmitter in the phone itself is not powerfull enough to get all the way back to the router. It still lists this network though and you sit there wondering why you are having trouble connecting.

Maybe it is filtering out the ones it knows it can't connect to? Has it ever not listed a wireless network you were looking for or not connected to a network that your ipod touch COULD connect to.

The ipod touch listed 6 signals and could connect to several of them and the iphone didnt pick up any at all. Yes wifi was turned on . I had to move closer to the source of the signal for the phone to pick it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have noticed the iPhone will show networks as having weak signals but once I connect to them they have full strength. As for finding networks, my iPhone generally shows more in my home than my Mac does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.