Ipad wireless?

Reaction score
I noticed in Steve Jobs Keynote speech that he was connected to the display by a lead coming out of the bottom/side of his ipad. Does this mean that there is no wireless option for presentation purposes. I would have liked to have seen some sort of wireless presentation, either a vga dongle with a receiver on the other end or something built in, otherwise it is going to be no more use to me than my macbook.

Reaction score
good question..but I have no idea..

I would be guessing that it doesnt since he was connected. I mean we can ask this question too "Why would he connect himself to the PP if he could do it wirelessly?"..hes showing off the iPad so why would that not be a feature to show off if it was there..ya kno?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The cord sould just be the battery charging cord plugged into a power point. Kind of silly though as the the keynote was what 30 mins and the ipad's battery is 10 hours according to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It might just be to connect for the live demos. A wireless connection might not be fast enough to show the screen action smoothly in real time.

I think I've read on other forums where people have shown presentations through their iPhone or Touch through a wireless connection. If that's the case then it should definitely work on the iPad. A little Googling ought to clear it up pretty fast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
I would think that even if it did have a wireless feature, he would connect it with a wire to avoid any embarrassing technical difficulties.

C

chas_m

For the record, it was a cord to push the video out.

No, at present (one should ALWAYS use the term "at present" when discussing some perceived shortcoming of the iPad) there is no way for the *iPad* to send video to a projector projector wirelessly. I'm not aware of any OTHER devices that do this either, so I'm not sure I would call this a "shortcoming."

As for controlling a slideshow that is playing *on* an iPad, there are wireless options galore that exist right now. "Keynote Remote," a 99¢ app from Apple, allows any iPhone to be used as a wifi remote to keynote, and this will almost certainly be updated to work with Keynote running on an iPad. In addition, third-party apps can replicate this functionality right now -- today -- for other applications, and again it would be trivial to update them to work on the "the iPad version" of those apps.

Indeed, this very topic is exactly the main reason I want an iPad. Why should I carry a laptop to presentations anymore? I'll have a projector, an iPad with Keynote, and Keynote Remote on my iPhone. Should be all I need, even including being able to demo "desktop stuff" via BackToMyMac or demo websites etc right on the device. It shaves about four pounds off this road warriors' load, plus can be used in Coach seats, and much easier to store.

From the point of view of a professional presenter, this thing is all WIN and no FAIL. :)

Reaction score
How do you load a Keynote file to the iPad?

I'm a college professor and I use Keynote for all my in-class presentations. I'm very excited about switching to the iPad to do these . . . *but* there's one aspect that has not been clearly explained yet by Apple:

Yes, we'll be able to *present* Keynotes just fine. But what about *loading* Keynote presentations that we've already made on a Mac?

How do we get a bunch of existing Keynote presentation files onto the iPad?

Also, will it be easy and seamless to google-image-search, copy an image on Safari, then open iPad's Keynote and paste the image into an open presentation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
From what I've read, there will be an option to transfer Keynote presentations to your iPad via iTunes. Then there's the more obvious option, simply emailing yourself the Keynote file from the computer you created it on.

Reaction score
Wireless projection

Here is something i have found and use in my office for displaying the feed from my laptop onto my LCD tv across the room.

As long as your not doing a video or movie it works rather well and even has sound.

InternetVue 2100 (EV-2100)
:::: Addlogix :::: Digital life...Addlogix Style

This is what needs to be built into the iPad.

:D

-Jason

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That would not be built into the device broadcasting a signal, it's connected to the TV and receives the signal being broadcast for display on a TV.

Putting it into the iPad wouldn't do any good at all.

It is a pretty slick device though, but I'd like to see what it does trying to push HD content across it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There are several wireless VGA options available right now. I wonder if it would be possible to attach one end to the VGA adapter for the iPad and the other end to a projector. Not as elegant as a built in wireless solution, but still feasible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.