iPad Recovery Advice

M

MBAmtloin

i gave you point or something good.
i am in a dilemma, my ipad g5 2017 32GB USB innards are no more, should i replace that with a new one a credit or pay $249 for repairs?
I have 1200 comics i drew on the Ipad (saved on 2 laptops) through a program that does not recover data anymore meaning either I repair the ipad or lose all that work.
i have not used that ipad in over 2 months but miss drawing on the thing because i got great results.
as far as a apple pencil i never used on on my ipad an would not on the new one.
any suggestions are helpful, even those suggesting i get a surface go instead.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Obviously, if you can not afford to lose any of your cartoons, then repairing is your only option. However, how do you know that the repair won't wipe all your data on the iPad? Why haven't you been making backups to your Mac or to the cloud?

And yes, the Microsoft Surface Go is a nice machine and since it also runs Windows "S" would be convenient. $400.00 plus cost for pen and cover. (Made in China also.)

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
i
i am in a dilemma, my ipad g5 2017 32GB USB innards are no more, should i replace that with a new one a credit or pay $249 for repairs?
I have 1200 comics i drew on the Ipad (saved on 2 laptops) through a program that does not recover data anymore meaning either I repair the ipad or lose all that work.
Can you elaborate on this a bit? Saved on two laptops implies that you have a backup but the second part suggests that the backup was done with a program that is no longer working. Assume for a moment that you could recover the files stored on the two laptops, how many drawings are left on the iPad with no backup?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.