• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPad Mini coming soon !!!!!!! Or not ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Anyhow...considering that Apple keeps the previous generation in its lowest memory size available alongside the new product (particularly the iPod touch and iPhone), there is always the older generation to continue to profit behind the new generation- because some people don't want the new generation for whatever reason- whether it is price or features usually takes a strong hold upon that.
They contune to profit because selling hardware is only the beginning of the revenue stream for Apple. As long as you have a device that can connect to iTunes, the money is still flowing towards Cupertino.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Anyhow...considering that Apple keeps the previous generation in its lowest memory size available alongside the new product (particularly the iPod touch and iPhone), there is always the older generation to continue to profit behind the new generation- because some people don't want the new generation for whatever reason- whether it is price or features usually takes a strong hold upon that.

Nah. I think it's Apple realised that if you slash the price on the older model and still sell them then they will still sell. But if you discontinue the older models, then everyone not sold at that point is lost revenue.

Reaction score
an iPad mini is just an iPod touch is it not?

It's still an iPad, is it not?

The iPod touch has a 3.5 inch screen..the current iPad- 9.7 inches.

Any reduction in size, well then maybe it would be just another iPod touch.

But has anyone thought about what Apple might instead be doing with this newfangled screen? Think not iPad, but the iPod touch.

A 5 inch screen would be a bit awkward...an eleven inch screen..too big. So, what if it isn't a new iPad, but a new iPod touch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
A 5 inch screen would be a bit awkward...an eleven inch screen..too big. So, what if it isn't a new iPad, but a new iPod touch?
It could be that the rumors are picking up talk about the next iPod Touch. That sounds more plausible than a mini iPad. The article mentions a 5.6 inch iPad for the mini which I still think is way too big for a pocket device (iPod Touch).

If the article is true then it does get very close to the iPod Touch market and may cannibalize some sales but for me personally anything larger than my current Touch will not be a replacement. Guys don't carry purses so pocket space is very valuable and limiting. My iPod Touch is the perfect size.

Reaction score
Well, they are definitely working on something at the moment for Jobs said there is some other awesome device will be revealed later this year recently. It can be about the smaller iPads. But that would be lame :(

Reaction score
Hooray!

Hooray! they are finally releasing it! can't wait any longer! does anyone knows about the possible changes of its appearance? heard somewhere they were working on new design and wide range of colors. s a bonus addition, of course. any thoughts?:D

Reaction score
Well, they are definitely working on something at the moment for Jobs said there is some other awesome device will be revealed later this year recently. It can be about the smaller iPads. But that would be lame :(

What I still don't get is what is there left to create?

Apple has a "PDA" of sorts (iPod touch)
Apple has a mobile tablet (iPad)
Apple has a mobile phone (iPhone)

What are they doing next? TV Mini with a touchscreen?

A picture frame? (Oh wait, that's the iPad)

Reaction score
It could be that the rumors are picking up talk about the next iPod Touch. That sounds more plausible than a mini iPad. The article mentions a 5.6 inch iPad for the mini which I still think is way too big for a pocket device (iPod Touch).

If the article is true then it does get very close to the iPod Touch market and may cannibalize some sales but for me personally anything larger than my current Touch will not be a replacement. Guys don't carry purses so pocket space is very valuable and limiting. My iPod Touch is the perfect size.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ap...30-ipad-mini-coming-soon-not.html#post1084888

Read my post. The math doesn't quite work out for a 5.6 inch iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I have read your post. I did say the article mentioned 5.6 so I was referring to that. I was not debating whether it was an accurate or plausible size. Your size guesstimate still doesn't change my statement. It's still too large to replace my iPod Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 15" screen, 1.0 GHz, 512MB Ram, 50GB HD, OSX Leopard 10.5.8
To be honest it wouldnt make since for apple to release another type of ipad when the demand we have for the one now is not met.
to put it simply the ipad mini is the ipod touch
get it straight.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.