iPad does not receive past in the mail program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
An error message tells me that the Mail App in iPad II Mini cannot receive messages, yet 1) it will send them out, 2) other Apps such as yahoo work perfectly for sending and receiving. One suspicion: I have had to reset my Apple ID password several times, because the current password wasn't recognized. The present one "satisfies" iMac and iPhone 4. Could it have anything to do with my turning down the invitation to connect with iCloud now that my iPad has 8.02? Since so doing would cut out my iPhone 4 from communication, according to the message, I have wanted to keep the status quo, but perhaps Mac won't allow this. iPad has been given the most recent password, the one that works everywhere else - there has been no fiddling with SMTP. In the past, there might be moments when a message said "no sending out mail with x server (listed). Most perplexing.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad does not receive mail

I was given two opinions: OS 8,02 has been and is still a mess, give Apple time to correct and update (this from a certified MAC repair facility); try to adjust the email Timeout ( observation from a guru). I looked everywhere in Settings and found no such adjustment. I reset every password and iPad duly verified that they were accurate. iPhone 4 doesn't seem to have problems in this regard.
I repeat that gmail, hotmail and yahoo work but Apple's own iCloud email does NOT.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand "how" you're using iOS 8.0.2 on your iPhone 4? That version of iOS will not even install on an iPhone 4. I believe the latest you can update an iPhone 4 is 7.1.2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 imac, 2011 13" mbp, Ipad mini, Ipad air
If I'm reading it right his ipad mini has 8.0.2 but declined icloud because the iphone 4 does not and the mail problem is on the mini?
fiiipeduardivoc is this correct?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok- found your message! The real problem is that I can't convince the iPad Mini to receive mail, other than hotmail or yahoo. The difficulty seems to coincide with an upgrade to 8 or perhaps to 8.02, but I can't be sure.
Mac tells me that iPad Mini and iOS 8 won't affect the iPhone 4 (but that doesn't seem to be a problem).
Why do all my machines EXCEPT iPad Mini II accept me.com (Apple), alice.it (a major Italian server), which have been my major mail servers. (Alice's defection may be due to my jilting Alice's Telecom Italia for Vodafone).

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, no: I'm NOT using iOS 8 on iPhone 4. In fact, MAC "told" me that iOS 8 would not go with iPhone 4. (it's the 4s people who are having lots of problems, but that is not my situation.)
Communication with iPhone 4 seems OK (a MAC tech allayed my fears of errors resulting from having one 7.1 device and another with 8... In fact, iPhone 4 happily receives the mail that iPad Mini doesn't seem able to obtain.
Thanks again for your interest.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Development - in some forums there is a clamor surrounding iOS 8 and the damage it has done to iPAD. Using iPad-Mini, 8,02, I followed some advice from elsewhere and reset the connection to the network. Performance benefited a bit from that. Then, I tried resetting iPad II, and that process was duly carried out. Now (and this is the case for others) the iPad's internet symbol at the top says "no service (in Italian "nessun servizio") yet it seems to navigate in internet. In that process, I had tried restarting the modem (Vodafone Station) which did its duty and recognized the iPad.
An authorized MAC technician said there are lots of problems with iOS 8 and it is best to wait for more updates. (Other-forum participants have been invited to replace their pads for about 260 euros.) To summarize: iPad II Mini 8,02 - Mail seems defective, Wifi reads "no service" whereas Safari works. iPhone 4 WITH THE 7,1 OPERATING SYSTEM, fortunately has not been stricken.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can't speak for the iPad Mini 2, but iOS 8.0.2 has been working fine with my iPad 3. No problems with our internet connection. There were some problems with iOS 8.0.1 and the iPhone 6, but that has been resolved. Perhaps the problem at your end is with your internet provider in Rome?

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I find on a Mac-related magazine site in internet news that October 20 will bring us an iOS 8.1, designed to keep 8.0 sufferers from jumping off bridges.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, iOS 8.1 is due to be released this Monday. Please don't jump off any bridges there in Rome especially if you can't swim. ;)

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The download yesterday (12 hours) of Yosemite for the MacbookPro 17" yielded such a nice system (Yosermite) that I have given up the idea of jumping off Roman or other bridges - it gives me hope that the OS 8,1 promised for a few days from now will solve the problems of those who have had problems with OS 8... it seems obvious to ms that problems arriving from iOS8 depended on which model of iPad or iPhone one had. The iMac from which I am "broadcasting" is currently downloading Yosemite and has been doing so for 8 hours - not surprising, because it is probably vying with every Intel Mac on the planet for the update.
Many thanks "guys", you are great with your assistance.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sequel: now we are at the 8.1.3 stage. Some me.com email is coming in now, although other problems (material for other forums) still exist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.