iOS 8.2 is now available

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As the title says, iOS 8.2 is available for download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Oh yes!!! Now I can get myself a gold Apple Watch!! Just kidding.

I might wait to see if any compatibility issues come up.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Oh yes!!! Now I can get myself a gold Apple Watch!! Just kidding.

Lisa

The top of the range Gold Apple Watch, tops out at $24,000 AUD Now honestly, who in there right mind would pay that much.
I hate how they are charging $600+ for just a single Watch Band :(

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I consider myself very lucky that my wife wears silver jewellery for the most part...

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Most of us probably aren't in those circles, but I've met a remarkable number of highly-paid professionals who spend what I would consider to be excessive sums on a watch. Many say it is a reminder of the work they did to get where they are today, or that it was a gift from a loved one. They are often made of precious metals, so they retain their value -- and they tend to work for a very long time (with occasional upgrades or repairs).

Frankly, many of you reading this have probably "wasted" as much, or more, on a boat, or a sports car, a hobby, or a plane, or an ex -- :)

Looked at in that context, I'm not sure I see where the knee-jerk reaction of "OMG $$$" is quite coming from.

The gold watch is way out of my league, certainly. But I'm certainly willing to take a closer look at the less-expensive models ($1K and less). In terms of functionality they all do the same thing, so its really a matter of what material and band do you want ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Lets see - yes chas I have spent the equivalent of the top of the line gold apple watch..... hum.... bought a farm, tractors, trucks, my avalanche - (opps! my idea of self-indulgance :$) etc.

And I get it. Just like some will buy a Rolex and granted it will probably last longer than farm machinery or my Avalanche will.

But I also look at the cost versus the next newest latest greatest new models. Eventually the apple watch gen one will be unable to upgrade. But those who will purchase a gold apple watch will not be concerned about upgrading or cost as they have way more disposable income than I do.

Each person has their priorities and what make sense to them. To each their own. :D

BTW: None of my "girls" (mac computers) are indulgences! (as she stomps her foot saying, "Not, not, not!!!) They are hard working necessities. ;)

And still waiting for some other person to update to iOS 8.2 and post results before I go for it.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I updated my iPad Mini2 this morning. Seems OK so far *Touches wood* :)

Nobody buys a Rolex expecting it to become redundant and non-functional in 12 to 18 months though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Both iPhone 6 and iPad 4 updated here. No issues.

Here's what popped up when I agreed to the iPhone update:

iOS 8.2

This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.

Apple Watch support
• New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
• New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
• Available on iPhone 5 and later

Health app improvements
• Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
• Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
• Includes the ability to add and*visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
• Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
• Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
• Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
• Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
• Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed

Stability enhancements
• Increases stability of Mail
• Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
• Improves stability of Music
• Improves VoiceOver reliability
• Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids

Bug fixes
• Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
• Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn't autocorrected
• Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
• Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
• Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
• Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
• Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
• Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
• Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
• Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
• Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
• Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as 'Busy' after accepting an invite

For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Those of you who updated to iOS 8.2, keep an eye on your battery usage. It might be my imagination, but it appears battery drainage has increased even while the iPhone is idle. Just a heads up....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Those of you who updated to iOS 8.2, keep an eye on your battery usage. It might be my imagination, but it appears battery drainage has increased even while the iPhone is idle. Just a heads up....

Also, just received an email from OS X Daily about potential issues w/ Safari w/ the new update - might wait a while before doing my 3 iDevices - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, just received an email from OS X Daily about potential issues w/ Safari w/ the new update - might wait a while before doing my 3 iDevices - Dave :)

Well, I decided to update my iPad Air 2 to iOS 8.2 tonight - very irritating that a 500+ MB download took nearly an hour (was cabled to my MBPro w/ 20 Mbps Wi-Fi) - I have two other devices to update and wish there was a way on these to save the DL and then transfer to the other devices - hate these limitations on iOS.

At any rate, my iPad seemed to be working fine after the update, and will now need to 'one at a time' do the same PROLONGED download of this 500+ MB update for my wife's iPad Mini and iPhone 6 - is there an better way? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.53.01 AM.png

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm on a fast connection (75/75) and the download took around 10 minutes which indicates that the Apple servers were probably busy. But to answer your question... you'll just need to be patient and do them one at a time. (I have 2 iPhones and an iPad.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm on a fast connection (75/75) and the download took around 10 minutes which indicates that the Apple servers were probably busy. But to answer your question... you'll just need to be patient and do them one at a time. (I have 2 iPhones and an iPad.)

Hi Chscag - I know that it's the 'overstressed' Apple servers, but still an irritation when this should be a 5 minute DL even at my Wi-Fi speed - just painful to have to do this individually w/ each iDevice - will do my wife's one per day and just put up w/ the annoyance - thanks for the comments - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Try it on a 2.5Mbps connection :(

At least it seems OK so far on my iPad Mini 2. Not noticed any change to battery life yet :)

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm experiencing significantly worse wi-if stability with n band after upgrading my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 1.

ETA: my base station in a Time Capsule (the flatter model).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm experiencing significantly worse wi-if stability with n band after upgrading my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 1.

ETA: my base station in a Time Capsule (the flatter model).

Not saying that this will help (and you may already do this maneuver?) - but after I do an iOS update on my devices, I always perform an additional 'Reset' (i.e. hold down both ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let the devices reboot) - may be of use - let us know. Dave :)

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've tried rebooting all my iOS devices, as well as my Time Capsule and the two Airports I use as extenders. I'll see how they perform tomorrow (I get poorer signal in my home office).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
Hi All,

I did the upgrade yesterday, about 10 min, I noticed today that my iPhone 5S dropped a few calls and "hung" on another. This never happens and I thought rite away about the upgrade. ( before I read anything on the forum.)
That's my 2 cents

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dropped calls might be coincidental, give it some more time. My battery usage has more or less returned to normal but I did turn off WiFi calling which does consume more battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.