Internet sharing from window PC to iMac DV G3

Reaction score
Hi everyone i need some suggestions . iam from india. i have Apple iMac DV G3 450Mhz sage (Mac OS X Panther 10.3.9) with 1GB RAM + 20 HDD (NO Airport Card) currently my primary computer is windows 10 PC my internet access from usb wifi adapter with mobile phone hotspot . windows PC have Ethernet network port & iMac DV G3 also have Ethernet network port. it is possible to share windows PC internet via Ethernet cable to iMac DV G3 port direct with single cable or should i go for 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Switch ?? is this work ?? please reply

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Do you not have access to a regular Internet connection (not using your hotspot)? If you did, you'd just get a router and then plug the iMac into that..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I may be wrong, but if i recall back, a hub with both would work, or (and the term could be wrong) a twisted pair Ethernet cable direct for PC to Mac, I am sure I worked with something similar for PC to Commodore many years ago.

OP
S
Reaction score
Do you not have access to a regular Internet connection (not using your hotspot)? If you did, you'd just get a router and then plug the iMac into that..
My regular Internet connection is mobile phone hotspot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.